Sunday, October 21, 2012

Welcome to Sweet Reads!!

 
Welcome to Sweet Reads!!!
A place where curling up with good books and awesome recipes is not only acceptable, it’s encouraged. J
First, I should probably explain a little about me and where the inspiration for this blog came from. I have always been a book lover and amateur chef. I can spend hours in a library or bookstore, just hanging out and looking through all the books I want to read, it’s my happy place. My mother often tells me that I missed my calling as a librarian, but I don’t think so, I think I’m just a different kind of librarian.
Because of my life-long passion towards books, many years ago I opened a bookstore in a small Midwestern town. I loved my little book store. I loved being surrounded by thousands of talented writers all day and helping people discovery new authors to read and fall in love with. My favorite part of the job was when a customer would come up to me and say “I really like Patricia Cornwell’s books, but I’ve read them all, what do you suggest”? Ohhh…the options!!!
Unfortunately, I don’t have my little bookstore anymore. Due to a cross country move I changed my store from a brick-and-mortar store to selling items online only and have been running it that way off and on over the years.
My second passion in life (right after books) is cooking. I love to cook, especially baking. I read, I bake…I read, then I bake…
There are many days I spend the entire day in my kitchen, trying new recipes or revamping and improving old ones. I’m also a stress baker, much to the enjoyment of my family and co-workers since it’s not uncommon for me to suddenly decide to make cookies, cupcakes or a peach/plum tart for no other reason than…it makes me happy.
Over the past few months, I have come to realize that many of my friends and co-workers have been asking me for my recipes and for suggestions on what books to read. The more I thought about it, the more I started to think about how I could share my passions with others. Presto…the Sweet Reads Blog was created!
This blog may seem pretty random at times, but I promise you’ll find some interesting things in it. J
So grab your favorite hot (or cold) beverage and stay awhile, everyone is welcome and I encourage feedback and suggestions on what you’d like to see posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment